An investigation by the Grant County Health Department has determined that the meat slicer used at the Moses Lake, Washington, Arby’s Restaurant was contaminated with Salmonella. Four Arby’s employees also were infected with Salmonella, according to investigators.
“What we don’t know is whether the workers contaminated the equipment, or if they got the bacteria by using the slicer,” said Peggy Grigg of the health department.
A similar situation occurred at the Arby’s located in Valdosta, Georgia, where the slicer was the source of Salmonella bacteria that caused a food poisoning outbreak sickening dozens. Attorneys Eric Weinberg and Andy Childers have filed lawsuits on behalf of victims of the Georgia outbreak.
To learn more about the Georgia Arby’s cases, visit the following web page: “Lawsuit Filed Following Outbreak.” For more information about Salmonella food poisoning, visit the following pages of this blog: “About Salmonella” and “Common Symptoms and Complications,” as well as the website foodpoisoning.com.
The Law Firms of Eric H. Weinberg and Childers, Buck, and Schlueter have been contacted by and are currently assisting victims of the Grant County Arby’s Salmonella outbreak. If you or a loved one has been harmed as a result of Salmonella food poisoning, and you have a question about your legal rights, please fill out a free case evaluation form, or contact us toll free at 1-877-934-6274.
To read other postings regarding the Arby’s Salmonella Outbreak see Sick Food Workers, Food Poisoning Washington, and Food Poisoning Georgia.